Henry Kloss CSW Model 88CD radio at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Rory Buszka, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

I think that Cambridge Soundworks is trying to get rid of the last of their inventory of Model 88 table radios (now that they have the Radio 740) because I was in Wal-Mart one day and I stopped in their electronics department and I saw the Model 88CD sitting on the shelf with the other mini-systems. I turned it on and listened to the demo CD, and the system sounded fabulous as compared to the Bose Wave Radio. It had deeper lows with better transient response, and true stereo sound. Kloss must certainly have been a genius of design to fit a powered subwoofer inside that box. I must say, it was the best sound in the place.

Anyway, it's at Wal-Mart now for $240, and it's the one with the CD player. So if you're looking for a REAL clock radio, I definitely suggest you check this one out. Then when you wake to music in the morking you won't wake to the sound of two distorting paper tweeters, but a REAL clock radio that actually IS everything the Bose Wave Radio aspires to be.

2. STLMIKE

STLMIKE Stunt Coordinator

I agree, I have both a Model 88 and a Wave Radio, and the 88 is quite a bit better. I did have to send the 88 in to get repaired, but even w/the $40 repair bill, it was much cheaper than the Wave.

3. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I entered Sam's Club tonight and heard the "Waitress's" Christmas song (dont' remember the name of the song) playing from somewhere close by and it sounded really good. I went to find where the tune was coming from and found the Cambridge SoundWorks Model 730 . The song was coming from this little 11 lbs. wonder. The sound was rich and full and the bass was totally unexpected for something its size. It was like a mini-stereo system inside a very large clock radio. I have heard the Wave Radio and it doesn't even compare to this thing.

The Model 730/740CD gets a big [​IMG] from me.