What's new

Henry Cavill is Reportedly Out as DC Universe's Superman (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Cavill was just fine as Superman for me. It's what DC has done with the character that I don't like. With Cavill out and new DCEU management in place, maybe they'll finally get their act together and give us a Superman film that actually feels like it's true to the character. Then again, maybe we're all just burned out at this point and it won't matter what they do.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yeah, the DC films are a mess. Cavill's out and Affleck is strongly rumored to be out as well. Are they going to put the whole thing on Gadot's shoulders?

IMO, the Supergirl film is a bad idea. TV's Supergirl is terrific and any movie version will suffer comparisons. They should just merge the TV and movie universe and let the TV actors have a shot at the films. What they are doing obviously doesn't work.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I imagine he might have wanted out, based on the mess they've made of these films. Probably why his people couldn't/wouldn't come to an agreement for Shazam!.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
This is the problem with rushing to post news, it's often contradicted. Cavill's agent has said that Cavill is very much still Superman until Warner Brothers releases a press statement. What bothers me is the news that Michael B. Jordan is reportedly up to replace Cavill as Superman. If that's so, count me out. Apparently, nobody learned their lesson after the Fantastic Four controversy.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Good. I hated him as Superman.

Now dump Ben as Batman and I'll actually maybe start watching these movies again.
Terrible news if true. I hope they work things out.

I thought Cavill was terrific as Superman.

And Ben Affleck is the best Batman portrayed on screen imo.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Terrible news if true. I hope they work things out.

I thought Cavill was terrific as Superman.

And Ben Affleck is the best Batman portrayed on screen imo.

I was really excited for the new Batman film with Affleck. I just don't know what is going on anymore with WB/DC. IF Wonder Woman didn't perform like it did, the entire DC line would probably have been scrapped. And they keep announcing all these offshoot/secondary character movies I wouldn't think of paying a full price theater ticket for. Instead of a new solo Batman film we get a Joker origin story. Yikes.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is the problem with rushing to post news, it's often contradicted. Cavill's agent has said that Cavill is very much still Superman until Warner Brothers releases a press statement. What bothers me is the news that Michael B. Jordan is reportedly up to replace Cavill as Superman. If that's so, count me out. Apparently, nobody learned their lesson after the Fantastic Four controversy.

So you post about "the problem rushing to post news", and then follow it up with a rumor about Michael B. Jordan in the same paragraph?

OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks