Hendrix Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zack Scott, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Zack Scott

Zack Scott Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys I hope that I could get your help. I need to know all the people the Hendrix Recorded with be it studio or Live recordings for a term paper that I am writing. I'm trying to prove that all of classic rock is because of one person. That person is Rod Stewart It's kind of like the Kevin Bacon Movie game but even more profound. SAy the connection of rod the mod with Nirvana (Nirvana's drummer was DAve Grohl who recorded with Brian May on the new Foo Fighters album; Brian MAy was in Queen who did a duet with David Bowie{Under Pressure} who did a duet with Mick Jagger {Dancing in the Streets} Who was in the ROlling Stones whos guitarist was Ron Wood WHo also Played in the Faces whose lead singer was Rod Stewart.) I'm just stuck with Jimi Hendrix. You help would be greatly appeciated. Thanks in Advance

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

I've got a book called "Rock Log" (or something like that)
    that lists all the artists by album. I'll drag it it out when I'm home this weekend and see what I can offer. It's gonna be a long list.
    Hendrix, however, is not the genesis of rock.
    Charlie Feathers might have been. [​IMG]

3. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Hendrix's drummer was Mitch Mitchell.
    Mitchell also was employed by Screaming Lord Sutch.
    Screaming Lord Sutch also employed Jeff Beck.
    Rod Stewart was in the Jeff Beck Group.

Does that work?

I also disagree with your theorem. [​IMG]

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Hopefully the term paper is for a class that's not too important for your life, as I agree with Greg. One can just as easily claim that anyone on this multidimensional chain is THE driving force of classic rock.

5. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

6. Zack Scott

Greg Thank you!!!!! yes it's a silly little therom but so is the Kevin Bacon Game.

7. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

O.K.....as promised...the book is Rock Record (1981) and here are the folks listed with Jimi:
    Roland Robinson
    Jeff Miranov
    Maeretha Stewart
    Chris Wood
    Ghetto Fighters
    Johnny Winter
    Larry Young
    Allen Schwartzberg
    Hilda Harris
    Linda November
    Emeretta Marks
    Randy Hobbs
    Jim Morrison
    Larry Lee
    Lance Quinn
    Vivian Cherry
    Juma Edwards
    Buzzy Linhart
    Randy Zehringer
    Jim McCarty
    Steve Winwood
    Jimmy Maelen
    Buddy Lucas
    Ronettes
    Barbara Massey
    Bob Babitt

He also Played with Joey Dee & The Starlighters and Eire Apparent. But not with Roderick David Stewart.

8. Zack Scott

WHat did Hendrix Play with Jim Morrison On??????

9. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

This recording isn't hard to find and has been "Released under several titles, including: Woke Up This Morning And Found Myself Dead, Bleeding Heart, Live At The Scene Club, New York Sessions, Black & White Blues..."

10. Cary_K

Cary_K Auditioning

Zack, I like your thesis - sounds like fun - if you at all want to make it serious, you could posit that a social network underlies the progression of all music genres, including rock - which at first blush would seem the least likely candidate to confirm your hypothesis b/c so few rock musicians actually had any training early in their careers - and as an illustration of this very general theorem, you could show how Rod Stewart - an equally unlikely candidate - was a node of sorts for the transmission of musical knowledge. Of course, the point isn't whether Rod in fact acted as a node - or whether there were many such nodes, which undoubtedly there are, as Justin and Greg were implying - but rather that a physical embodiment of such a node can be found - the node itself is probably virtual, transient or shifting.

Btw, the only reason to ever listen to the Morrison/Hendrix live set is historical curiosity - Morrison's performance was singularly uncompelling.