What's new

HELPNEEDED "NOW: Recovery Freeware... (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Boy did I do it!!!! Lost a buncha stuff on one HD. Anyone have a link to something that works nicely and efficiently?

Mucho Appreciate!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Honest...no kidding..I am kinda screwed here!!!

Can't use the drive until I at least try to restore some files. Someone, for the Love of God...help meeeeeeeeeee...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Don't know of anything freeware.. most of what I know costs :)

Is the partition NTFS or Fat32 or Mac?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Scooter-

DON'T!!! SPECIFICALLY READ THE WEBSITE!!!

"Finds partitions automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or damaged (does not work with the NTFS file system)"

!!!!

Sorry to yell, but have more then a few people who've mucked up NTFS with this thing.

If it's NTFS, not a free solution, but a potential solution is to find a Windows System Builder and see if they will offer you the WinPE bootables to access any data.

DO NOT use PC-Inspector on the drive (or you may lose more then you started out losing!)

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Er, why should he not try out the program if he's not writing to the disk? We don't even know exactly what went wrong...?!?

-Christian

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Were the files deleted, or was there a crash that corrupted something? Makes a difference in how you go about recovering the data.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I posted a similar question earlier this week and asked for responses to a "Diskwarrior" equivalent for data recovery for NTFS. Independently I found two possible products, "GetDataBack for NTFS" ($69 or $79) and "R-Studio." In the end I went with GetDataBack simply because some noted it worked where R-Studio failed and I didn't want to pay twice.

I'm not completely recovered, but I am playing the AFC Championship in HD successfully from a recovery and copy. It takes about hours to scan a 200GB drive and then it takes time to copy the original files. The end result will also need a reformat of the original drive and possible copy back. Not nearly as efficient as Diskwarrior for Mac OS 9/X, which will recover to the same disk, but it meets my needs for now. I couldn't find anything for free to bring back corrupted partition info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks