What's new

Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there,

Well.... I have the Yamaha RX-V530 powering a 5.1 set of Pro-Linear speakers. I have four main and rear speakers are 5' bookshelfs, a matching center speaker and a 10' sub. I got a great deal on these speakers ($600 CDN) and thought that going with bookshelfs rather than more expensive sattellites would be better idea. I'm young and haven't had much experience with audio equipment but I think that these speakers aren't giving me great sound with music. They really distort alot with harder, rock music. I prefer crisper sounds and I'm wondering whether I should invest a bit more money on better speakers even if it means going with satellites.

Do you guys have any advice? Perhaps with my reciever settings or even some general knowledge when looking at new speakers.

Cheers

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I assume you mean inches (") and not feet (').

Anyways saying you have a 10" sub and 5" speakers that cost $600 CDN means just about nothing. You need to give the specific models if you want any feedback on what you have.

Also satellite, bookshelf and monitor speakers are all the same thing. Although satellite is usually used to refer to the smallest of this type and monitor to the largest but that isn't a hard and fast rule.

Reguardless, there is a huge range in the quality and ability of bookshelf sized speakers out there. And sadly, in audio, $600CDN for 5 speakers and a sub doesn't buy much.

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
let's see here...

The bookshelfs are:
Pro-Linear PL5.5B
89dB
50Hz - 20Hz
8Ohm

I hope that helps a bit

Perhaps some of you could recommend a set of speakers that go well with Yamaha RX-V530 in the $800 CDN range.

Cheers

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Is this 5 speakers and sub you wanted recommended? For those US guys out there, $800CDN is ~$500USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks