What's new

Help!! (1 Viewer)

I'm having a bizarre problem: If I click on a link to a forum or thread, I get a small graphic/advertisement in the upper left corner of my browser. I have to refresh 10 or 20 times, cycling through multiple graphics before the thread comes up correctly.
What am I doing wrong? :frowning:

I've got Norton Internet security, but these are not ads from somewhere else. These are graphics about home theater products from this site, and they only appear on the one browser that I have open. It only happens here. Weird.

See the AV Mall ad at the top left of this page? That is exactly what I see. When I click a thread, the next page that comes up is totally blank, with an AV mall/SVS/ect.. graphic in the top left corner.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

I am not sure what to tell you what is going on with our site and your browser. We don't have any type of pop advertising or anything along those lines. I would still try downloading adware (it is free) and see if it finds something.

Parker

Kevin P

Screenwriter
John, what version of Norton Internet Security are you using? The 2001 version had some issues with the ad blocking feature. When I had that version I had similar issues. After upgrading to the 2002 version the problems went away.

Alternatively, if you disable ad blocking for hometheaterforum.com problem will also go away.

KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks