What's new

Help (1 Viewer)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I have to write an argumentative essay for one of my college courses. I chose to do it on TVShowsonDVD... what are some of the pros and cons? Not the site but the idea of releasing TV shows onto DVD

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Chris, the first thing I'd suggest is going back to that Jeffersons season 3 thread, and reading my last post in that thread. It actually contains some examples of shows that have really exelled on DVD and I think the story of Family Guy would floor the audience of your speech. I'd also read the interviews conducted with Seth MacFarlane over at TVShowsOnDVD.com and IGN for more information.

That should be a good starting point. If you want a bit of information that doesn't get talked about a lot, there is a thread in this section called between release nervousness that is worth exploring.

Talk about All in the Family and how there was some fear that season 3 wouldn't come out because of the gap of time since season 2 was released. A drawback is that since the consumer doesn't really know how well these shows are doing or not, if they buy a set and then don't get another for awhile they start to believe that the series has been canceled or taken off the release schedule and it usually leaves them bummed.

Also, search this section for threads on the Mary Tyler Moore Show, myself and David Lambert and others have written a lot on that subject that could be helpful to you.

I'd give you some links, but your supposed to do the work not me. But, it would also help you to look in the film and documentary section of HTF for Mary Tyler Moore show and others because some of the threads might not have been moved over yet.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
If you want to focus on 'argumentative', go to the Kung Fu thread and write about MAR vs. OAR on tv shows. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks