What's new

Help!! Yamaha HTR-5790 volume fluctuations (1 Viewer)

MarkGall

Auditioning
I reposted this here because I posted it in A/V sources by mistake. I have a Yammie HTR-5790 receiver and a Yammie DVD-S1200 dvd player (ie: Panny RP-91)connected with a monstercable interlink 200 optical interconnect. I have noticed major volume fluctuations on certain dvd's. Tomb Raider - Cradle of life, Rush - Chronicles, Rush Show of hands & State and Main to name a few. Has anyone else heard this? I'm trying to nail down if it is the dvd's or the 5790 receiver which is causing the problem so I can get the receiver replaced while it's still under the 90 day window if need be. I know it's not the dvd player or interconnect. I hooked up my Toshiba 2200 dvd player with different interconnects and it has the same problem. If I change the dvd player output from bitstream to PCM the problem goes away. Anyone have any thoughts? If you have this hardware combination and discs could you tell me if you notice the problem. The 5790 replaced a RX-V800 and I never noticed this problem before. Thanks for any help in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks