What's new

Help Y'all! I am temping and trying to play a CD at work that's COPY CONTROLLED (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Greetings!

This is not one of those evil Sony Cd's with the rootkit thingy. It's a European Queen CD released by Parlophone. When I put it in the computer (Windows) a window pops up saying that Windows needs to download new software in order to play the CD which I think is ASS. But that's just me. I almost NEVER play CDs on a computer so I haven't run into this yet. After hearing of the Sony rootkit fiasco I am very wary of downloading ANYTHING...
Can anyone help? Turns out I think I own quite a few of these type of CDs...

Thanks! D

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Go to Best Buy or where ever you purchased the cd and tell them it is defective.

If they ask way say "I can not put the songs on my I-pod"

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Have you tried holding the "shift" key down when inserting the disk to stop autoplay; then starting the player application? Probably worth a try.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If it has the official Compact Disc logo on it, you can say it's defective because it claims to be a CD but doesn't meet the specs.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys! I actually ordered it from the Uk and on my home player it's fine. I honestly don't usually use a computer EVER to listen to CDs but I am temping at an office for 3 weeks and was curious. It is parlophone which I assume is a pretty big label in Europe as Queen is on them there. Is this similar to a Sony copy protection thingy here?

:) d

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I know that alot of UK and Japanese CDs have some form of copy protection on them, but I don't know which companies/titles have it or how it works in comparison to the stuff Sony tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks