Help Y'all! I am temping and trying to play a CD at work that's COPY CONTROLLED

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dave Mack, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Greetings!

This is not one of those evil Sony Cd's with the rootkit thingy. It's a European Queen CD released by Parlophone. When I put it in the computer (Windows) a window pops up saying that Windows needs to download new software in order to play the CD which I think is ASS. But that's just me. I almost NEVER play CDs on a computer so I haven't run into this yet. After hearing of the Sony rootkit fiasco I am very wary of downloading ANYTHING...
    Can anyone help? Turns out I think I own quite a few of these type of CDs...

Thanks! D

2. David Brown Eyes

David Brown Eyes Second Unit

Go to Best Buy or where ever you purchased the cd and tell them it is defective.

If they ask way say "I can not put the songs on my I-pod"

3. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

Have you tried holding the "shift" key down when inserting the disk to stop autoplay; then starting the player application? Probably worth a try.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    If it has the official Compact Disc logo on it, you can say it's defective because it claims to be a CD but doesn't meet the specs.

5. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

A great tweak for XP that everyone should know, quoted from www.musicxp.net:

6. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Thanks guys! I actually ordered it from the Uk and on my home player it's fine. I honestly don't usually use a computer EVER to listen to CDs but I am temping at an office for 3 weeks and was curious. It is parlophone which I assume is a pretty big label in Europe as Queen is on them there. Is this similar to a Sony copy protection thingy here?

[​IMG] d

7. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I know that alot of UK and Japanese CDs have some form of copy protection on them, but I don't know which companies/titles have it or how it works in comparison to the stuff Sony tried.