What's new

Help with Yamaha zone 2 feature (1 Viewer)

mike mack

Auditioning
I am trying to utilize the zone 2 feature on a Yamaha RXV-1000 receiver. Currently I have the zone 2 output sending to our bedroom and inputting to another Yamaha receiver. To select the main room source from the bedroom I have to go and physically select the input. This Yamaha receiver manual vaguely refers to being able to do this remotely through an IR system. Has anyone configured this and if so how? I have a Xantech IR system in place to route the signals to the receiver in the main room from the bedroom. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mike

mike mack

Auditioning
Well I answered my own question. After alot of brain bending I was able to figure it out and got it to work. The dealer who sold it to me and has a custom install business didn't even know this feature existed. Likewise neither did any other "custom install" Yamaha dealers. A very cool feature that should not be overlooked. I can control what source I am watching,with a remote over an IR system, from the zone 2 feed without disturbing what is being watched in the main room. My wife can watch a DVD while I switch back and forth from DVD to SAT to VCR, etc without her being disturbed! Thumbs up again to Yamaha. Any body having any questions about this setup feel free to email me for help. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks