What's new

Help with yamaha 863 (1 Viewer)

rion75

Auditioning
Real Name
ryan
I have the 863 with klipsch surrounds and sub and iam very dissapointed with the sound. I need alot of tweaking. Also I tried to just use the hdmi from my samsung lcd to the input of the 863 just for audio and it was not working? any ideas

Brent_S

Second Unit
There's no way to say this without sound like a smarta$$, but it's the best first step you can take for yourself. Start by reading all of your manuals, especially the initial setup sections.

For instance, I would imagine your Samsung does NOT have an HDMI output. Most likely you just connected an input on the TV to an input on the 863. You'll need to connect your source components (cable/sat box, dvd, blu-ray, etc.) to the 863 to get sound...the 863's output will then then connect to the Samsung's input to pass the video along.

After you get that worked out, maybe you could better describe what else you're disappointed with.

-Brent

DBeistel

Grip
Real Name
Dan
The 863 has YAPO so the 863 can calibrate audio settings for the speakers. I agree with Brent S. check the manuals and connections. During the self calibration you should have an on-screen display showing the speaker set-up and when the calibration starts each speaker will be highlighted on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks