What's new

Help with wiring suggestions please... (1 Viewer)

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
I posted this in the DVD section also. But can you give me some suggestions when I set this up. Thanks for all your help.

Well,

Thanks for all the great posts. I called 8 different Fry’s stores and finally found a RP-82. An hour and a half away. The last one they had (I tried all the internet companies and they are all sold out). I had the chance to sample a few DVD’s using the Svideo connection. There is a dramatic difference in picture quality over my A120 Panny. I am using a Proxima projector. I had a couple questions that I hope you guys with experience can help me with.

1)on the DVD Audio. I turned off the sub out. Reason why is that I am running Def Tech speakers and I have then set as Large on my Outlaw. I am not using the Sub outputs. Instead I have the High/Mid range bi-wired and I am using the Left and Right mains with RCA to input into the def techs as full range input for the LFE. This is what Def Tech suggested to me. Does this make sense for when I go out and buy a few DVD-A this weekend? Or should I turn the Sub on and reconfigure the speakers????

2)Component Cables. I will need at least 20 feet long cables. I just installed the projector. A professional installer suggested that instead of me spending a fortune on the professional cables, he gave me highly shielded coax cables. I think this is RG-5?? Sorry not an expert in this department. He suggested that I do three runs and convert them to RCA connection on each side. So one side would connect to the DVD player and one to the projector. I will leave the S-video connected for the Dish. I will be getting a HD receiver in the next 6 months. Does this make sense to anyone? I obviously want really great picture quality.

I hooked up the Panny with an Optical that I was using before for the audio.

I put the aspect ratio on 16:9
Progressive out: Enable
Still Mode: Automatic
Black Level: Lighter (Until I do the Component)
Speakers: Multichannel

Digital Audio Out: ON, Master Off
Should I put Master ON???

I appreciate all help you can give me.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well i think you ought to take a stab at setting the speakers as small, recalibrating, etc. More likely than not, those cables will be fine, although it might be helpful to know what brand/part # they are. got any ideas?plenty of good, even overdesigned and relatively inexpensive bulk cable out there Michael. I'd be looking at a decently made RCA plug. Canare's aren't too expensive and they even look nice! Up for making your own? If not, you might want to pm someone like Vince Maskeeper as he's probably got the techniqued down pretty pat on how to make em.

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks allot Chu Gai. The store is not far from me. Which type of connector should I get? I looked at the 75ohm RCA Crimp Plug. Looks like what I need. It is hard to read but it looks like the info on the cable is:

Coleman Cable RG 6/U Quad Shield 18 AWG type CL2 75 C (UL)E100316 DR CATV

I already ran the string across the attic where the cables are going to go. So if you suggest a different cable please let me know. I was planning on doing it this weekend.

Thanks,
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks