What's new

Help with wiring my system - sorry for the noob question (1 Viewer)

chris_cr

Auditioning
I'm fairly new to HT, and I'm having trouble getting everything wired up correctly. Here's my list of components:

Sony LCD 60" Wega
Denon AVR1705 receiver
DirecTV HD-DVR (using HDMI)
JVC DVD player
PS2

I've had the DVR working with the receiver using component video cables and an HDMI cable. What I can't figure out is how to hook up the DVD player and the PS2 to the receiver. I have a couple optical cables but I can't get the video to come up on the TV when trying to run the DVD player and/or PS2 from the receiver - the audio isn't a problem. I can hook up the DVD player and/or PS2 directly to the TV, but then I don't get surround sound... How is it supposed to be done?

I know most of my problems is the lack of familiarity with the receiver and audio in general. I hope I can get the hang of this soon. Thanks in advance for the help.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I pulled up the 1705 to check out its capabilities- this is what I'm seeing.

I'd hookd both dvr and the dvd player via componant cables to the Denon
then run componant to the sony
run the HDMI cable directly to the sony
Ps2 I'd run too the componant section "video" with the others. This should remedy your issue.

chris_cr

Auditioning
I'll try this out. I did try going through the receiver with the DVD player and the PS2 but couldn't get the tv to display anything but the DVR picture. We'll see if I can get it to work this time around.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks