Help with Video Signal

Discussion in 'Displays' started by NateC, Jun 19, 2004.

1. NateC

NateC Auditioning

Is there a way to flip the video signal from regular RCA cables? Like some kind of adapter or something? I'm using an old projection screen and I don't think you can flip it on the projector itself. Thanks for your help.

2. NateC

NateC Auditioning

Is there a way to flip the video signal from regular RCA cables? Like some kind of adapter or something? I'm using an old projection screen and I don't think you can flip it on the projector itself. Thanks for your help.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

What kind of projector are you using? There should always be a way to reverse things on most projectors, if it's a digital projector it should be in a menu somewhere, if it's a CRT you need to flip the horizontal and vertical scan connectors as needed.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

What kind of projector are you using? There should always be a way to reverse things on most projectors, if it's a digital projector it should be in a menu somewhere, if it's a CRT you need to flip the horizontal and vertical scan connectors as needed.

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Let me clarify that: If it's a CRT, and you are hooked up by RGB, I do NOT mean that you switch the horizontal and vertical syncs at the RGB connection.

Inside the projector somewhere (again what projector are you talking about?) there will be connectors that feed the yokes that need to be flipped, or there may be switches or such. It will tell you in the installation or service manuals usually, and sometimes in the user manual. What model is it?

6. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Let me clarify that: If it's a CRT, and you are hooked up by RGB, I do NOT mean that you switch the horizontal and vertical syncs at the RGB connection.

Inside the projector somewhere (again what projector are you talking about?) there will be connectors that feed the yokes that need to be flipped, or there may be switches or such. It will tell you in the installation or service manuals usually, and sometimes in the user manual. What model is it?

7. NateC

NateC Auditioning

I think it's a Zenith Pro 880X. I'm not sure, I obtained it from a friend who works at a restaraunt, when they switched out to newer ones. It's pretty old, and I'm not very well versed in home theater. I'm not a stranger to electronics, so I wouldn't be afraid to open it and look around. Any tips? Thanks for the reply, btw.

8. NateC

NateC Auditioning

I think it's a Zenith Pro 880X. I'm not sure, I obtained it from a friend who works at a restaraunt, when they switched out to newer ones. It's pretty old, and I'm not very well versed in home theater. I'm not a stranger to electronics, so I wouldn't be afraid to open it and look around. Any tips? Thanks for the reply, btw.

9. NateC

NateC Auditioning

Wait, I found out it is a Zenith Pro 851X. Sorry I wasn't sure before.

10. NateC

NateC Auditioning

Wait, I found out it is a Zenith Pro 851X. Sorry I wasn't sure before.

11. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

See page 18 and 19 of the installation manual for the 900pro.

you have a PM for link to the manuals if you don't have them already.

12. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

See page 18 and 19 of the installation manual for the 900pro.

you have a PM for link to the manuals if you don't have them already.