What's new

Help with video problem please...(black shimmer) (1 Viewer)

Mitchel Kagawa

Auditioning
Hello.... I was wondering if you HT Pros out there could help me with a problem I am experiencing.... Here is the situation:
I just purchased a PT-47WX49 and hooked it up last night... calibrated it as best I could using AVIA and disabled the SVM. When I played Shreck on my (non-progressive) Sony-CX860 dvd player I noticed that when I started the movie and when the player switched on the dolby digital output the top half of the screen (which was all black at the time) started to shimmer.
I know it happened at that exact time because the indicator on my receiver switched to dolby digital, but I know it's not the receiver because it still happenes whem the receiver is off.
I's not the video because it happens with all my videos. So I'm thinking that it is either the DVD player or some type of interference coming in through the component video cables.. which I wouldn't be suprised of because I'm only useing some cheap rca video dubbing cables (gonna buy some real component cables tonight)
So whaddya think? DVD Player or jus plain ol interference from crappy cables?
Thanks for any help
edit... no need for cable recommendations...read other posts that more than cover that subject
------------------
Sometines I sit and think... and sometimes I just sit...
[Edited last by Mitchel Kagawa on November 07, 2001 at 06:29 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks