Help with video card question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Len Cheong, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

I'm trying out a 32meg PCI card from Visiontek and I came across this statement on the product brochure.

"Its integrated High-Definition Video Processor (HDVP) supports ATSC 720p high-definition resolution at 60 fps (frames per second). Combine GeForce2 MX with a high-performance, high-level software MPEG-2 decoder and a digital TV receiver for a cost-effective, high-quality HDTV solution."

What does this feature allow me to do? Thanks for your time.

2. Nick_Murphy

Nick_Murphy Agent

Does your visiontek come with a tv-out port on the back of it? (usually s-video) if it does it's probably refering to it. In which case it's just stating that it has "Excellent tv-out compatibility" which is a load of crap, well in my experiences anyways, hehe. I have a standard geforce3 with a tv-out and to tell you the truth it isn't that great of picture at all! i'm not sure of what a digital TV reciever might do to it, but it might just be an input device for the s-video. as for the high-level software MPEG-2 decoder, this is even a standard windows media player feature, so no worries about that!! hope this is what you were looking for, if anyone else begs to differ, lemme know, im not a genius! hehe! later!