What's new

Help with video card question (1 Viewer)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
I'm trying out a 32meg PCI card from Visiontek and I came across this statement on the product brochure.

"Its integrated High-Definition Video Processor (HDVP) supports ATSC 720p high-definition resolution at 60 fps (frames per second). Combine GeForce2 MX with a high-performance, high-level software MPEG-2 decoder and a digital TV receiver for a cost-effective, high-quality HDTV solution."

What does this feature allow me to do? Thanks for your time.

Nick_Murphy

Agent
Does your visiontek come with a tv-out port on the back of it? (usually s-video) if it does it's probably refering to it. In which case it's just stating that it has "Excellent tv-out compatibility" which is a load of crap, well in my experiences anyways, hehe. I have a standard geforce3 with a tv-out and to tell you the truth it isn't that great of picture at all! i'm not sure of what a digital TV reciever might do to it, but it might just be an input device for the s-video. as for the high-level software MPEG-2 decoder, this is even a standard windows media player feature, so no worries about that!! hope this is what you were looking for, if anyone else begs to differ, lemme know, im not a genius! hehe! later!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks