What's new

Help with upgrading components! (1 Viewer)

DanielLI

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Livschutz
Before I state what my problem is let me tell you what I have running in my audio setup as of right know so it will give you some background so someone can help me.

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-5700s
2Power Amps: Crown powers amps 5002vz and cpx2600 one running my front speakers and the other the rear speakers.
Front Channel: Are two Avalon Eidolon series floor standing speakers
Rear Channel: Are two Avalon ASCENDANT series floor standing speakers
Center Channel: B&W Nautilus HTM1
Subwoofer: Mirage FRX-S8
SACD/DVD player: Sony SCD-1
Speaker/component wiring: Monster Cable Digital Reference speaker cables and SACD audio output cables are from Apature.

My problem is that I am outputting the audio from the SACD player via two Apature cables using the RCA outputs. My dilemma is if I upgrade to a digital receiver with digital inputs so that I can enjoy “true” surround sound will I lose the great unbeatable sound output from the “chipless” pioneer receiver that I currently have to the chip powered new age digital receivers. Or does it really not matter, because true music is listened to only in stereo rather than in a surround sound configuration. Just as a note, my two rear speakers both output mono sound.

Can someone please give me a suggestion on what to do in my situation?

Thank You

Daniel

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Maybe you should look for a receiver that advertises some sort of "Direct" or "PureDirect" mode. (though those are probably both Onkyo expressions)

Since you have a allegedly high quality analog source, you'd probably want to stay away from digital amplifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks