Help with upgrade for a new zone...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Clayton, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Steve Clayton

Steve Clayton Auditioning

Here's the current setup:

Sherwood NewCastle AVP-9080R processor

Parasound HCA-855A 5 channel amp

Paradigms up front (40's and CC) and Energy's in the back

Sources:

DirecTV

Tivo

DVD

CD

I really love this setup. I'm very satisfied. However, we are enclosing the porch, and I'm going to take the opportunity to add two speakers out there for stereo sound.

I'd like to run these speakers from the home theater setup to take advantage of DirecTV's digital music, and the cd player there...but I can't seem to figure a way to do that with this processor (obviously I'd need two more channels of amp as well). While I'm at it, if I have to upgrade my processor and/or amp..perhaps I should look at something with DPL II.

So...question is...how best to accomplish my main goal of driving these other two speakers ?? And, as a secondary priority, can I get DPL II if I have to upgrade.

Also, any recommendations on speakers for a "3 season room" (screened in porch with windows instead of screens)!

Thanks!

2. Lance Dahl

Lance Dahl Agent

This is the pre I am looking at as a starter and to use in a second zone I am pretty sure that you need to use one of the Video Outputs and just use the left & Right out puts from those. Maby Jeff H will see this thread and confirm this.^