help with universal remote

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by KaseyB, Oct 18, 2003.

1. KaseyB

KaseyB Auditioning

Hi all...ok this is what I have...a Sd-43ht toshiba dvd/audio receiver home theater system, a phillips 55" widescreen hdtv, and a philips directv/tivo dsr6000 unit...what i need is a universal remote....I want the tv to be able to power on and off and to change channels...i want the dvd to do basica dvd functions, i want the receiver part to do basic receiver functions such as change volume (on it instead of tv), change inputs, etc, and i want the tivo to do all tv functions easily...anyone recommend a good remote for all of this? i've seen the one for alls might be good?? which one? and will these control a dvd/audio receiver combo unit? thanks, Kasey

2. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Might I suggest the Home Theater Master MX 500. It should do all you requested and more. Even my 12 year old has no problem using it. A good place to find info on remotes is

www.remotecentral.com

3. KaseyB

KaseyB Auditioning

Thanks for the info..but I would really prefer something a little less costly....

4. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

Try the One for All 6131. It has all the Tivo functions and can control basic functions of 5 other components as well. It does not have learning capability, so the only catch may be your Toshiba HT combo. However, you should be able to get it to work using both the Audio and DVD devices. If you need macro and/or learning capability, look at the 8811.