What's new

Help with Toshiba TV Remote (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Have 36 inch Toshiba TV purchased in 1997, works great, no problems, however remote is starting to fail, new batteries don't help.

Sticky buttons, some don't work at all. I'd like to open the remote and see if I can just clean the connections and clear up the problems. However, I have no idea how to open the remote.

The remote is a Toshiba CT-9854 and I can't find a way to get into it. No notches where you could use a screwdriver, no screws on the back of the remote. Slight twisting of the remote makes is look like the top somehow does come off. There is a tiny hole on the back that I thought may be a small screw, but it looks more like the reset button for a laptop.

Any information would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Mac F

Agent
I really don't know enough about cleaning the buttons on a remote to help here. Several years ago my remote for an inexpensive Zenith went out, and i was able to replace it with a universal remote for less than ten dollars.

If you want a more fancy remote, anything is available.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info Mac.

My dog literally ate the remote for a Sony TV my grandparents gave me about 10 years ago. Bought a universal remote that was very limited, but it did the basics.

Looks like I'll have to get one for the Toshiba. Hopefully they have more functions now than the older ones.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I forget the name of the company, but it has the word "Pacific" in it. But this company works with Toshiba and is the place to go for specific remotes to specific models. In other words, you might still be able to get the remote that came with your Toshiba. You have to call Toshiba, though (which is how I found out about it).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks