Help with Titanic trailer music

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Mayer, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    While certainly destined to be a 200 page thread, my intent is merely to receive some help [​IMG]
    Titanic Teaser Trailer
    It was the first trailer I saw for Titanic, and I just about died. I paid for Alien: Resurrection more than once to see this trailer (and then leave). www.comingsoon.net just resurrected the link to this teaser, and I decided it was time to answer my question.
    Music: It starts with Braveheart, and then hops into actual Titanic music. However, as tension builds, it gets to the scene with Cal chasing them through the ship. The piece in question begins right after: "I hope you enjoy your time together!" I have been looking for it forever, but could never nail it. Any help would be much appreciated.
    On a similar note, if anyone knows where a more serviceable version of this trailer can be found is welcome to let me know! Thanks in advance for my tolerating my insipid questions [​IMG]
    Take care,
    Chuck

2. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    I'm stumped. I downloaded and listened, but could not come up with an answer. Sorry.

3. Hakan Powers

Hakan Powers Stunt Coordinator

According to soundtrack.net, it's either Courage Under Fire (this music is often used in trailers) or Waterworld. I downloaded and watched but couldn't regocnize anything from Courage so I guess it's from Waterworld then [​IMG]

4. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    The first trailer I saw for the movie had music from Courage Under Fire by James Horner. It's a fast, moving piece with running scales in the strings, and it sounded very much like the cue in the actual movie (Titanic) as the ship hits the iceberg. Then the other trailer (the one I saw with Alien Resurrection) used music from Waterworld. That piece was slower, majestic, and almost apocalyptic-sounding.

I know that probably sounds confusing; I hope it helps.

5. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

6. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Andrew, I actually discovered said tool several months ago (thanks to help here). But the trailer in ??? is a Teaser, and the trailer discussed in that link is the theatrical, based upon the color-coding they use to denote the difference (green for a Teaser).
    That said, I believe that Waterworld might well be what I am looking for...I heard a similar cue on the CD preview at Amazon. I'll find out soon.
    I do appreciate all of the help. Thanks very much [​IMG]
    Take care,
    Chuck

7. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Chuck, there were several differnt trailers for a the film. I remember one or two that clocked in at under a minute. The one you linked to clocks in at 2:30. I don't think I'd refer to a trailer of that length as a teaser.