Help with Tempest LT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Griff, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Griff

Griff Stunt Coordinator

Looking at the driver recommendations of the ESP website, a Tempest seems to be a pretty good choice for a LT. Are there any projects on the net using a sealed Tempest, an LT and a cabinet around 50-60 litres?

2. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

I don't know of any projects with those specific parameters, but it should work pretty well. I'm going to use my Tempest first with my LT, but in 5 ft^3. 60 liters is very small (Qtc=~.9) and will require lots of correction/boost depending on Fc/Qc, so you can approach Pe at fairly low volumes and may experience some power compression. Probably be an extremely nice sub for much-less-than-reference levels.
    Have you plugged your numbers into the spreadsheet?

3. Griff

Griff Stunt Coordinator

I have done a bit of research and have decided that i am better off with a Shiva in a 35litre, with a simple bass boost of 12dB at 10Hz, this will yield a pretty flat response and deep in room.

4. Griff

Griff Stunt Coordinator

What does go easy on the volume mean? Less then full volume? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Mark Fitzsimmons

Mark Fitzsimmons Supporting Actor

Putting a 10db boost at 10hz puts you in some serious danger of bottoming the sub. I'd be cautious.