What's new

Help with Technics Sl-1210M5G hookup to HK AVR7300... (1 Viewer)

michael JE

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael J Ethier
do I need a phono preamp? If so whats the best preamp available for around 200 usd? I have a Harman Kardon AVR7300...according to sites it has a phono input...not sure if I'd be better off getting a seperate phono amp and I'm checking www.harmankardon.com for the manual to see if it has its own phono jack etc. I've been away from records and record players for over 15 years...bought my mother a high end unit for Xmas and I hope to hook it up to her AVR7300 that I bought her a year ago and let her listen to her albums.

thanks ahead of time

-Mike

update/edit...

after checking their site I have found there are NO phono inputs on the AVR7300. I didnt want to move the damn thing off of the stand because it weighs a ton. I need a few phono experts then so I can do this right.

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
Dedicated phono preamps can range anywhere from about $20 for a cheap Recoton to exotic models costing thousands of dollars. If you're looking for something reasonable, Rega, Creek, Pro-Ject, Music Hall, etc. all make good phono pre-amps around the $200 ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks