Help with SVS purchase

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rodney wiley, Apr 29, 2002.

1. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

OK I am going to take the plunge. My room is about 25x30 with 8 foot ceilings. A stairway leads to the main floor (4 level split) I haven't yet come up with an acceptable idea to close off the room so I have to take that into consideration. Currently I have two Audiosource sw-15 which do a decent job. Here's my question which SVS? I do want to go powered unless someone can show me a difference why I shouldn't. Next question Can I get away with 1? or should I squeeze the ok out of the wife for two. Help!!! Thanks in advance!

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

If you don't go crazy loud I'm sure one 20*39PCi will do fine.

What are your habits?

3. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

I have my 3802/1082 calibrated to 75db and I usually listen at -20 maybe -15 99% HT use

4. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

"No, you see, this one goes to 11."
    If it were me to do all over again, I'd wait for the PCi+, which is going to have 675+ watt amp running it (check with TV, but I think that's what I read,) plus the new upgraded driver. Of course, my 16-46 PCi does great by me and that's in a 14 x 22 x 8' room (or something like that). Of course, the PCi may go to 11, but the PCi+ is going to go to 111.
    Just what I'd do if I was more patient. The SVS team does a kick - ass job of taking care of you once you have taken the plunge, and you will get good info. from them after the fact (i.e. they tell you if they are having supplier problems, the whole plant is down with the flu, etc.) Oh, by the way, regardless of what you get, you will be happy I imagine. If not, just ship it to me, I can never have too much bass [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

We're still working the details on the PC-Plus amp. RMS could be than high but I doubt it. Probably closer to 575 than 675. Still the BASH amps continue to impress even us. Various parts are coming in for fitting work right now on this sub, so make no mistake, it IS coming.

PCi fans will have something to aspire to in an all in one, self-powered wonder-sub. From SVS.

Ron

6. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Ron can you help with my purchase decision? I have heard sooooo many Good things Im a little confused as to what would be best for me.

7. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

I would recommend 2 subs. You have about a 6000 cu. ft. room and would probably require the head room.