Help with sudden video interference

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by millercv, Feb 17, 2003.

1. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I've had a weird problem pop up - suddenly on two of my TVs (a Panasonic 53WX42 projection and a Toshiba 27inch direct view set) I've noticed "wavy lines" - not really distorting the image but parallel lines on about a 45% angle. They are most prevalent/visible in areas of solid color particularly reds and greens. It does seem to come and go so I am wondering if I've got a device somewhere that is kicking on and causing the problems but I haven't been able to track anything down yet.

It just started recently and our third tv doesn't have any signs of it (well in the few minutes I've checked).

Oh and the tvs in question are on opposite sides of the house so they would be on different circuit breakers....

If you have any suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!

2. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Hi. I had wavey lines on my toshiba and have got it in being serviced. I noticed it hugely on a grey black ground. THey went horizontal across the screen, but kinda behind the image. On most stuff i couldnt see it, but when a color or scene holds for a second you can notice it. If you figure out what causes it let me know. I'll also let you know if mine gets fixed or not and if they know what it is

3. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I'm pretty sure mine is some sort of electrical interference... I did some further experimenting last night. It does appear simultaneously on both TVs. It looks like I shut off the heater it never happens. But it doesn't start happening immediately when I turn the heater on so I don't know if it is the combination of a couple of things or . . .

Has anyone seen this before?