Help with subwoofer plate amps

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Max Payne, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Max Payne

Max Payne Agent

Is any subwoofer plate amps that have a bass boost switch for deeper extention ?
    I'm planning on building a subwoofer using the ACI SV-10 or maby the PE Dayton 12" DVC sub in a verry small vented cabinet.
    I'm also looking for a subwoofer plate amp that has some built in equalization or bass boost.
    using a amp plate amp that has equalization would also help out with room problems and also give the sub better extention in a smaller cabinet.
    If there is no amps that have built in equalization can i use my own equlizar and this is how i would hook it up.
    First i would get the subwoofer cable leading out from my a/v riecevers LFE output jack then hook it up to the equlizar then get another cable leading out from the equlizars output jack and then hook it up to the input jacks on the subwoofer plate amp.
    Would that work or would it blow the subwoofer plate amp ??
    thx for any help
    Max Payne
    ---------

2. Stephen Teffner

Max; you might want to check out partsexpress.com. I think that their plate amps have a bass boost on them.
    SteveT

3. Max Payne

Max Payne Agent

Thanks i have checked them out & i like the $85 one 120 watts into 4 ohms and 156 watts into 4 ohms & it also looks nice to.
    Thanks again

4. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

I use a KG5230 available from Madisoundhttp://www.madisound.com/kgamps.html
    [​IMG]