What's new

Help with subwoofer design (1 Viewer)

Bud Huey

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for everyones help! My wife came into the HT and decided the stage was too tall, so I had to cut the height and the overall volume to 44 cubic feet. I am about to buy the subwoofers and I have one more question. Is the Sound Splinter RL-p 15 ($250 each) really worth the cost difference from the Dayton IB385-8 15" IB ($110 each)? I am not trying to sound cheap, but at 2X the price I want to make sure the Sound Splinters are really worth the extra $$$!

Thanks,
Bud

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Daytons are a quality product and will provide a great sound. The Soundsplinters (or anything from TC Sounds) are in a different class. Like comparing a Ford sedan to a big BMW or Mercedes. Both will get you to the grocery store but when you want to travel the autobahn in class, which one do you pick.

-Robert

Josh Haugo

Grip
The SS are superior subs, but whether or not they are worth it is up to you. I think you would be happy with the daytons and you wallet would be a lot happier. But if you want the best, go for the SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks