What's new

Help with sub placement please. (1 Viewer)

Ryan T

Second Unit
Hi,
I just finished building my sub and I need some help with the placement. I first my room is 14' wide and 10 1/2' deep. I have a diagram on my web page here...
http://ryans_ht.tripod.com/
All the walls are sheet rock that has been painted. The windows have floor length curtains and the floor is carpeted. I'm not sure if I should corner load the sub or not. I tried it in one corner but it sounded a little sloppy. It is on the front wall of my room right now(see diagram). but it sounds kinda weird. It almost sounds like its out of phase or something. When I have it on it sorta feels like there is a bunch of pressure in the room. so I'm lost about where to put it. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ryan

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Ryan,
Putting the sub in the corner where the right front speaker is will deliver the highest output and lowest extension. As you have already noted, there will still be response problems, as there are in most rooms. Get a parametric EQ to smooth out response and you will be very happy with the way your bass sounds.
There is plenty of information on this forum about using parametric EQs with subs. Do a search and you’ll have a day’s worth of reading. :)
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ryan T

Second Unit
Wayne,

is there any reason why it has to be in the corner with my right front speaker? Because that is where my door opens up and it would not fit. Anyway I moved it back the the left corner with my left main and it sounds better. it goes louder and lower with less strian. I need to get a BFD but It's colser to the end of my "things to buy" list. Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks