What's new

Help with Sub and 5.1 setup... (1 Viewer)

I have all my stuff ready Velodyne Ct-100,Sony STR-DE845,JBL NSP1. Now can someone help me on how to setup everything. First the sub it has a couple of settings what should this settings be set to.
1.Low pass crossover it runs from 40Hz to 120Hz???
2. Phase 0-180 degress????
3. Internal X-over or Direct
4. Highpass crossover 100Hz or 80Hz
5. It has two inputs R and L do I have to use both or just one?? There are two LFE outputs on the receiver too???
The receiver what should the Sub volume be set to???
-10db +10db
LFE Mix - it ranges from 0db to -20db and Off
DTS LFE Mix 0db to 10 to -20db and off
Front speakers,center,and rear speakers can be set from 60Hz to 180Hz what should I set them to????
thanks in advance.....

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
You need to go get a Radio Shack SPL meter and rent/buy a copy of either Video Essentials or Avia's Guide to Home Theater. Each of these has detailed instructions on how to calibrate your system.
You can use either the crossover in your receiver or the crossover in your subwoofer. Use only one or the other. For your speakers listed, I would set the Sony's speaker size to "small" and bypass the sub's crossover. If you don't have a center or rears, set that to "none". Set your LFE to "yes". I don't know the details of this receiver, so I'll let someone else come along and give you more details on what to do.
As for the subwoofer, set the phase to 0. Play a tone near the crossover point (80Hz if set to "small") and change that phase until you get the loudest signal (as shown on your RS SPL meter).
Get a Y-cable and drive the R&L sub inputs via a single cable from your receiver's LFE out.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks