1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

help with speakers!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mark butera, Apr 7, 2002.

1. mark butera

mark butera Auditioning

Hi,

I am setting up a home theater in my basement. The room is 12' by 22'. I recently bought a pair of Klipsch KT-LCR at a garage sale for $150. They are in perfet condition. I am looking at purchasing either a HK320 or a Denon 2802.

My question is what should I do about speakers? I have looked for an aditional LCR with no luck. Should I purchase a new Klipsch Center and Surrounds or should I look into a whole new set of speakers.

I am interested in the Energy Encore but was concerned that they would be too small to fill the room.

Any suggestions or opinions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. Art_C

Art_C Stunt Coordinator

Did you check eBay? They might show up there once in a while.

Ultimately you would want a subwoofer to complete your system so as long as the speakers have good mid and high-end characters you should be fine. The question is can you live with them until you save up for the sub.

3. JasonKosh

JasonKosh Extra

I have the Energy Encores in a 12x10ft room.

I don't think these speakers will have any problem filling your room. In fact, I wish I had more room so I could get a little more distance between the listening area and the surrounds.