What's new

Help With Speaker Placement?? (1 Viewer)

ken-m

Agent
I HAVE POLK RT25I'S AND WAS WONDERING WETHER I SHOULD WALL MOUNT OR PLACE THEM ON STANDS. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.

KEN

scott>sau

Stunt Coordinator
Wall-mounting and stands gives freedom to mount at the height you want. The RT251's have a good bass response provided by their rear-firing port built into the speaker's back plate, which doubles as a convenient keyhole wall mounting bracket. So, Polk implies wall mounting is okay. Both wall mounting and stands allow the speaker is be aimed where you want it and towed where you want it as well. Some pro users like stands because you can move the cabinets away from the walls more and let the speaker breath better minimizing early reflections.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Depends on the intended use. Will you be using them as mains or surrounds? Stands would be preferable for mains, they will allow you to toe-in the speakers and place them in various locations to achieve the best perfromance and imaging in your room. Wall mounting main speakers will not allow that kind of flexibility.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
If you wall mount a rear ported speaker you lose alot of bass response. As said before... if they are mains I would put them on stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks