What's new

Help with speaker placement (1 Viewer)

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Shervin,
The speaker to the left of the door needs to be moved. The location where it is now is breaking the soundstage. It helps if the front speakers are all placed equidistant from each other.

Shervin

Agent
What do you recomend? Could you tell me where it should be. Will it make that huge of a difference?

The TV is set in that postion for the future. But I am trying to avoid speakers on the ceiling.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
It might also help to know that kind of speakers you have and how large they are as this may have some influence on whether you get stands, wall mount etc.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph

How wide is the TV? I know it is close but can you accomodate the speakers on stands on each side of the TV?

Shervin

Agent
I think the tv will be a 36 inch. Will it really make that much of a difference having the left speaker be 3 behind the center and right speaker. I think if I used speakers stands it would make a wall of sound giving the effect of one huge center channel rather than a left and right front channel. Please help I don't want to have to wire the walls twice.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Forgive me for being a pain but....

You want to have the speakers balanced symetrically as mentioned by Mathew. Also, you want to have good separation of the front soundstage as you rightfully mentioned which would not be possible if the speakers are located to the immediate left and right of the TV. The door is in the way and the nook is only 5ft wide as per the diagram.

One question before I offer an option. What is being used in the area to the left of the small sofa? If you are not using this space then here is my option...

* Turn your entire setup 90 degrees CCW...

- Move the TV to the centre of the left wall
- Move the larger of the 2 sofas so it is facing the TV
- Move the smaller of the 2 sofas so it is along the long wall opposite the door
- Position your front 3 speakers on stands so you have about 8-9ft separation across the front soundstage
- Position your rear 3 speakers on stands so you have about 8-9ft separation across the front soundstage
- The larger area on the left side of the diagram would be used for your HT
- The smaller area on the right side of the diagram would stay unused

You want to have things in place correctly if you are going to pre-wire walls and such

Shervin

Agent
hi,
there are windows there and we will have two large leather chairs in that section of the room like a reading room kind of. The thing is that little nook was made 50 years ago with the house so it is kind of the "TV spot". I am starting to think I will have to have one speaker ceiling mounted and pointed down but it think it will look so dumb having one speaker hanging in the middle of my room.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
If you cannot use that space to the left, then the suggestion made by Wes probably is the way to go although you will not get very good sepration across your front soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks