What's new

help with speaker cables for b&w cdm1nt (1 Viewer)

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
I was wandering what other people use with their B&W cdmnts and nautilis speakers. what would be the best speaker cables for those.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Scot,

What's your associated gear? How long are the runs? And (roughly) how many $$$ are you willing to play with?

Ned

Supporting Actor
I use 12 gauge with banana plugs on the speaker end. My junky receiver only takes bare wire.

You might want to replace the bridging straps with actual wire. Don't expect any huge improvements but wire should conduct as well or better than metal plates.

Cam S

Screenwriter
I doubt you would get ANY benefit from replacing the bridge plate on the speaker terminals. Companies use the bridges they put on there for a reason. I don't think they would use it if it made the speakers perform less than it would using 12ga or whatever wire instead.

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
my equipment is b&K ref 30 pre amp a rotel 985mkll five channel amp a marantz cd player and a pioneer elite dv-37 right now i am using tributaries sp4 for the fronts and monster for the rears from rpre amp to amp is straight wire sonata interconnects. my front wire lengths has to be at least 12 to 15ft. cost im willing to spend at least 100 to 200 just for the cdm1nts for now . shoul i upgrade the innter conects to?

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
I run Monster Z2 biwire to my CDM7NTs I think it was about $300 (but I get it at a huge discount, I know that you can get better for less $$$)

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked up 3 10' runs of Kimber Kable 8TC to biwire my Nautilus 805s and HTM-2 center. They retail at $14/ft, but at lenghts of 20' or more, a dealer will usually discount that to $11/ft. I know it's a little more than what you wanted to spend, but these are a great value, IMO.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I use DH Labs T-14 biwires for my CDM1 SEs. Purchased them from Link Removed Good quality, good service and fair pricing.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Both the DH Labs T-14 (which I've used and enjoyed) and Analysis Plus Oval (& Silver Oval) are often recommended as sounding good for the money.

Have you considered purchasing used, maybe at Audiogon? You probably wouldn't get to demo, but you could really save some cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks