What's new

Help with source of obscure sci-fi quote (1 Viewer)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I am trying to find the source of this obscure sci-fi quote. I believe it is from a book. I have tried google using all sorts of search parameters and just can't find an aswer.

“Mike, bless me father for I have thirst.”

TIA for the help.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Would ya feel better if he didn't offer any suggestions and just ignored you??? :P

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
No, not at all. It just seemed he wasn't sure, so i was hoping for some clues so I could try to dig it up in the book to verify it without reading it from cover the cover again.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to be so cryptic. I'm not sure if that's the right book, I was taking a guess. I found one google hit on a portion of the quote you gave. It was an out-of-context posting on a message board that followed a reference to the Restaurant. I know it's a long shot, but it's the best I can come up with.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
That led me to info on the Callahan's book series by Spider Robinson. Is anyone familiar with it to know if that's where the quote came from?

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I have not read the series, but I do have amazon, and curiosity.

In Callahan's crosstime Saloon, the irish coffee is called "God's Blessing."

Callahan's Secret

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I was thinking something like Stranger In A Strange Land. I know Michael was the protagonist's name, and he became a religious figure in the story...

Nevermind, as I see the problem's already been solved...

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I'm going to take a shot at piggy backing my sci-fi query in this thread.
Looking for a short story about a nuclear accident that was written about 40 years ago.
The premise is that this accident was so catastrophic, a major midwestern city was vaporized, that the surviving population has been sort of hypnotized into forgetting it.
I believe this included coming up with a new name fot young bears so no one would remember a certain sports team.
This is why I want to re-read it, to see if it's slightly less goofy than my memory of it.
Anyway, one of the characters had stumbled on the truth of the incident but he was laughed at on the basis of, "Who in their right mind would name a large city, "Chicago"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks