1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Help With Sound Problem Please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Hancock, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I have been having this problem with the sound on my computer now for about a month. All of a sudden one day the sound just stopped playing loud. I have everysingle setting turned up all the way and the volume on the speakers is up as far as it will go and whenever I play any kind of sound it is barely audible. I checked all of the programs I thought were relavent winamp, musicmatch, windows media player and the eq's werent turned way down or something. A few things that might help
    1.I'm using WindowsME(not my choice my parents [​IMG])
    2.I checked the connection and I can't see anything visibly wrong with it
    3.I don't remember installing any programs when it started doing this
    Any advice would be great. Thanks

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

What kind of soundcard do you have? Let me guess...Soundblaster Live! or other soundblaster card?

Have you tried reseating the connections?

Have you tried reinstalling the sound card drivers?

3. Brett Hancock

I have a SoundMAX. It came with the computer and I dont have enough to buy anything else. Was working fine before though. and nope haven't tried reinstalling the drivers. According to a few reports that I found bye searching on google people have had the same problem that I have had with this sound card and ME together.

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Ouch, what the heck is a soundmax? Guess you'll have to try the reinstall driver trick.

5. Brett Hancock

6. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

Sell your afro and buy a soundblaster. If you pay shipping I have a generic card I will send you for free. It's better than a soundmax, or I will sell you a Live! for $20 including shipping, LMK. Or just get a cheap one from pricewatch.com