1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Sony V333ES Reciver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Rose, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Chris Rose

Chris Rose Auditioning

I purchased a Sony V333ES reciever a few months back and during the last few weeks I have noticed that during quiet passages (DVD or Sat) you can hear what sounds like a radio station playing in the background of the rear speakers. Its like it is bleeding through from the tuner into the other sources? Am I going crazy or has anybody else heard/experienced this? Thanks for any help/comments.
    Chris ( no longer a lurker, now a poster [​IMG] )
    BTW great web site.

2. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Chris,
    Let me be the first to welcome you to the HTF. Unfortunately I cannot shed any light on your problem. I have a DA333ES, but it has never exhibited the problem you describe.
    A friendly warning: don't start any "Which is better, DTS or DD" threads, as it will result in your immediate removal from the forum [​IMG]

3. Rich Allen

Rich Allen Second Unit

Rich Allen
    Chris:
    Welcome and also don't post any "which is better, optical or coaxial cable" threads. [​IMG]
    For your sanity, avoid any Bose or "Pan and Scan" threads!!!
    As to your problem, you might want to check you speaker cables. They may be picking up something they shouldn't be. Just try moving them while this is going on and see if you hear any difference.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Chris, welcome to the forum! I have the 'V444ES and have never observed radio signal through the surround speakers. Do you have an antenna connected? Is it possible that it is making contact with the speaker wires, thereby causing interference? The speaker wires should be adequately shielded, but if some bare wire is exposed, it could cause a problem, I imagine.

5. Chris Rose

Chris Rose Auditioning

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check all of the connections. I did some more checking and the radio noise is also present and at the same volume even when the reciever is muted. Oh well, I'll keep checking.

Oh BTW is a Bose DD better than a Pan & Scan DTS? heheh Sorry couldn't resist.

Later,

Chris

6. George V

George V Extra

Chris,

have you tried tuning your receiver to a different station or between stations? Do you get static? Does problem persist? Find out which station does this, I had this happen to me many years ago when I lived in the city. My V333ES has never had those problems. I love mine. But to each his own.....

George