What's new

Help with Sony STR-De635 Receiver (1 Viewer)

nate_b

Auditioning
I've had this receiver for a number of years (Sony STR-DE635) and it works perfectly for what I have at the moment. But a few weeks ago whenever I change the input to DVD, it will say DVD on the readout on the receiver then 2 seconds later will say "Unlock". I cannot find any information regarding this. I just switched to a different input for my DVD player, but it just really bugs me that I can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
"Unlock" means that it can't find a digital signal from the device, usually when you have the receiver locked to a specific mode. There are 4 options for DVD on input mode - Digital(coax) - Digital(optical) - analog - and auto. Try changing to "auto" , it should search for the right input method. If you have multiple wires hooked up then you might have to force it to the input you want to use because some devices will output a pilot signal with no data (especially opticals).

Some DVD players only output on one connection at a time, optical or coax, but not both at the same time. You should check the menu options for your player if switching to "auto" doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks