What's new

Help with Sony KV-35V36 (1 Viewer)

Joseph O'Brien

Auditioning
Hello,I have a 5 year old Sony (KV-35V36) that is out of extended warranty.The unit failed last night, while watching cable, the screen erupted in a red ball in the center then went blank. I shut the unit off disconnected it from the electric outlet, waited 30 minutes and tried again. The unit came on in "Video 1" it worked fine for 20 or so minutes till it failed exactly again.

I called a Sony tech who initial diagnosed it as problems with the hi voltage output, #250.00 later the tv was working fine till it failed again. The tech determined it was the crt.

Can a crt be bad and still have a viewable picture between resets ?

I don't want to buy another tv now, prefer to wait another year while price go down and performance goes up, but I will. Is this tv shot ?
Heres a good laugh never had a problem till the warranty ran out.

Thanks for any input
JOB

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Joe,
It sure sounds like the "fly-back assembly" to me.
That would be the high voltage unit that supplies the power to the tube.
As far as is the TV savable? If you like it, $250 is a reasonable price for that type of repair.
Just don`t try to do it your self , 35K+ volts and and the tube holds a charge. So unless your familar with disconnecting the anode , you would be far safer letting a tech do it.
Gary ;)

PS: Maybe I should renew my extended warranty :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks

Joseph O'Brien

Auditioning
Thanks for the input Gary, Im not readyy to can this unit given the fact I'v e wqtched it for the last three hours with no problem. Still I know ther is something wrong just want to get it right.

Thanks
JOB

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Joe,
If it`s been working for 3 hr`s , then I realy don`t think it could be the fly-back assembly.
Is it still working? How long will it work , now? And did you unplug the TV?
Sometimes doing a simple thing like unpluging for about an hour works !!
Could be a bad solder joint that will show up at different temps. Hard to say , but post if it works or not , curio !!
Good luck ,
Gary ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks