Help with Sono paint problem!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Casey H, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Casey H

Casey H Stunt Coordinator

Hey All,
    I finished my Sono's and have a problem with the paint on the top end cap. In an effort to keep smudges and etc. off of the caps I would periodically wipe them down with a silky cloth (didn't want to scratch them). Well, I did scratch them very lightly. I didn't wipe on them until about the 5th or 6th day of drying so I am not sure if I just wiped too hard or too early. I used Kilz brand Hammered Texture Enamel spray paint. It contains Xylene and Acetone. Is there something I can put over it? I was thinking of either putting another couple of light coats of the paint or using Krylon Clear Enamel just to restore the scratches. The Kilz has a re-coat requirement of within 1 hour or after 10 days of drying. What do you think would work best? Sorry for the rambling.
    Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Casey [​IMG]

2. tom_furman

tom_furman Stunt Coordinator

Casey..on mine I put a heavy first coat on (Gloss black spray paint from HD) and then lightly sanded it down to get any "bumps" off. I wiped off any bits of sanded off paint with a cloth. Then I put a lighter coat on and sanded it down with a finer sandpaper (just enough to put some "grab" on the paint). Finally I put a third coat on and WHAMMO! so smooth, I can polish it with a nice furniture wax!