What's new

Help with some Calibrating issues… (1 Viewer)

DaveBarn

Grip
Just purchased a HSU VTF-3 MK2 and so far not too bad. My AV receiver is a Rotel RSP1066 with Paradigm Studio 60s for the mains, CC470 center and ADP470 surrounds . The sub is 16 feet from the mains, right behind my listening area. I have gone through the AVIA set up, but I am a little confused on a couple of things. I have all speakers set to small with sub set to yes. My connection to the sub is from the sub out on the 1066 to the left input on the sub. Number one is what should my “crossover defeat switch be set to”; Out or IN? What should I set my crossover on the RSP1066 to? I can go from 40Hz, 60, 80, 100, 120 and off. (According to the 1066’s manual the off setting sends a full-range signal to the sub so that it can use its built-in low-pass filter. (Does my sub have one of those and should I go with it off?) It also says with it off that a 100Hz high-pass filter is activated for all small speakers. The AVIA disk is very good; I’m having a problem understanding the “warble” test to calibrate the sub’s phase. Is there a “For Dummies” version of this out there? Any help would be appreciated! I just want feel confident that I have the sub calibrated to its fullest. Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd keep everything set to small and set the x-over to 60 or 80 and turn the bypass on the sub on. Your speakers will be fine with 80Hz, but I'd try 60Hz to see how you like it.

Yes, your sub has it's own internal x-over. In a normal setup, I'd start out with it set as I said above.

For phase, flip between 0 and 180 to see which sounds stronger. 0 should work in most setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks