What's new

Help with setting up Elite 49tx (1 Viewer)

Chris Thompsonn

Auditioning
Hi new to the board and was hoping someone could help me out...

I currently have a Pioneer Elite 49tx which works GREAT matched up with front and rear PSB speakers.

However I recently purchased a PSB subwoofer but I can't seem to get it to work correctly... Using Auto setup with the microphone the receiver does detect the sub however it is putting out very little if any sound. In fact unless you really turn it up it will automatically shut down after 15 min due to lack of signal...

Going through the setup menu it is detected and has a set output of -10db. Which seems appropriate it sits ~ 17ft from sitting area...

The only way I have been able to get around this is to set the front speakers to "small" which then directs all the base to the sub... I hate to do this since those speakers have a beautiful sound with great natural base I simply wanted to add the sub to give it more punch/feeling...

I'm sure this is not the best way to set up the sub however the documentation is pretty lousy... The sub is hooked up using a single wire from the receiver to sub nothing fancy and as per instructions...

Sorry for the long winded post...

Thanks for any help

Chris

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Chris,

Had a similar problem with my 45TX and Klipsch KSW 12 sub.

-10db is the lowest available sub level setting on the receiver. If an even lower setting were available the receiver would have set it even lower.
As a result the receiver doesn't "want" to send a signal to the sub often enough to keep it turned on.

My sub has a volume knob on the back, so I turned it down until the MCACC gave me a sub level setting over -10db (the minimum). When I got this dialled in so the MCACC set sub level at -6 db, the sub stayed active much more of the time except at lower volume levels (-30db volume or less) when listening to stereo music. Turning up bass with the tone controls and or turning on loudness made the sub stay on more when listening to stereo music at lowe volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks