Help with scrolling, horizontal bars!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Vic Matthews, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Vic Matthews

Vic Matthews Auditioning

I am new to home theater and to this forum, but I'm hoping you can help me out. I just set up my new Panasonic 50" plasma, Pioneer VSX-914k receiver, and got my HD box and cable service. I am getting some type of interference that is showing up as a hum through the subwoofer, and as white horizontal lines scrolling up the display screen.

Here are some key observations. If I route my component cables directly from the cable box to the display, the problem is much less, but when routed through the Pioneer receiver, it is unbearable. I thought it was a problem with the receiver, so I returned it and bought an Onkyo sr602, set it all up, and had the same problem. Why are the lines so much worse through the receiver? How can I get rid of them? Is there some type of power filter I can buy that will eliminate this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. John S

John S Producer

A recent poster, grounding the Sat/Cable at his equipment rack and solved a very similar issue.

Interference and ground loop problems can drive a body mad solving them.

3. Vic Matthews

Vic Matthews Auditioning

Thanks for the tip. How does one go about grounding a cable? Appreciate it...