Help with satelitte cabling

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Joe Szott, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

A few months ago we moved from Dish to DirecTivo. So the installer used one line that was pre-existing and added a second line from the roof for the DirecTivo box. The problem is we moved the satelitte box to far side of TV and the new cable from wall has to sort of "drape" across the wall to make it (instead of running down wall and creeping along baseboard.) It just isn't that long, the installer didn't leave much slack. So I want to somehow extend this cable by about 6 foot.

So my question is what type of connector and cabling do I need to do this? The installer told me that the cabling from the Dish is different than the normal cable TV copper cabling, so what type do I need to find (and is it at Radio shack)? I want to buy the correct cable type and connector to extend this cable the first time, please help.

Thanks...

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Baloney. All you need is an RG-6 coaxial cable. Radio Shack or any hardware store will have them. You’ll also need a coupler to connect your new cable to your existing one.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Cool, that's what I needed. Thnx.

So is this the same type the regular cable company uses? Just normal coaxial cable?