What's new

Help with SAT digital out (1 Viewer)

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Question,
I have an older Echostar receiver for my Dishnetwork. What are my options to connect it to my Outlaw 1050? To upgrade to a new receiver from Dishnetwork, I am looking at a minimum $300. Is there a way around this or another place I can get a receiver from? Right now using the RCA cables, at best I get Dolby pro-logic. I would like to hook up a co-ax digital connection.
Thanks,
Michael
[email protected]
------------------

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
you're gonna have to pony up for a good reciever.
Good luck too, because it looks like Dish only makes the best deals available to new customers most of the time.

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,
You might want to check out the current deal that Dish is offering. They are offering the PVR501 for $199.00 for current customers if you agree to sign up for the Top 150 for a year. I just took the deal and I really like the receiver. You would add your DD out, as well as the PVR feature. However, I think the deal only goes to Oct. 31, so you might want to check it out soon if you are interested.
Jeff

James Reyes

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 501 and I love it. It's not as full featured as TIVO, but via software upgrades, more features will come with both the PVR and the OpenTV. I never owned a TIVO or a DISH Player so this is my first PVR unit and I couldn't imagine going back to watching TV the old way.
You will get composite outputs as well as an AC-3 output with this unit.
Other PVR units are coming like the 721 with dual tuner/dual hard drives and a USB port and the 921 which will be like a 721 with HD support. I love my 501 and next year I plan on getting an HD set and a 921 and use my 501 as an additional outlet.
------------------
James Reyes
www.libertyforums.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks