What's new

Help with reciever ideas (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Hi, I'm a broke high school student who wants HT, and a good music system. I can't have both, so I'll combine them.

------

What is the best sounding reciever, for no more then $600 CDN? (pioneer, Kenwood, Technics,) I care about wich has the "Warmest" sound. I'll be getting Klipsch RF3's, and Pure output is not needed with 98db ef.

-Sound quality is most important. I will liston to a lot of music as well. I would like to have pre outs, (bryston one day!) but I'm not sure if I can for this price.

Thankyou for any ideas/replies.

Matthew

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
In your price range I would look into the Kenwood's, for the money you can't beat the sound quality also the Kenwood will have more inputs and flexibility.

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
Look into Denon or Onkyo, much warmer sound than all the others by far, better music reproduction, etc.

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
what's wrong with the either the yamaha rx-v420 or v520? i was able to pick up my 520 for 586$ cdn. 15.56% sales tax included.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Dale,

I like the Yamaha recievers. However, for my tastes, I do not feel the amp would be enough. Low end Yamaha sound to much like low end sony.

I'm thinking mabey I should look at Denon. If the new Onkyo's have better built in amps, then I may get one of them.

Does anyone have any experience with Luxman recievers?

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
I second the Kenwood's, DPL2 and SRS Circle Surround are a real bonus in this price range.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Features are important, but nothing is more important then the built in amp. Do any of these recievers compair to the outlaw 1050?

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
matthew_rm
i wasn't going to talk to anymore after what you said about yamaha...but i've decided to give you a second chance:D . i thought you were looking for a receiver in the 600$ cdn range. if you can find an outlaw for that price as i will then sell my yammi to someone and buy an outlaw myself. so much for brand loyalty. but seriously i wish you well with whatever you decide to get.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
What did I say about Yamaha besides I dont like the built in amps? Im going to use Klipsch. Klipsch will show the harshness of mass market recievers. Some of the mass market recievers are better then others. Sony and Yamaha have great features, but I dont care as much about that. I may decide to go the, 2ch way. Sound, sound sound! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks