Help with rears -Axiom

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve WC, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Steve WC

Steve WC Stunt Coordinator

DONE

2. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

In a perfect world, everyone would be using the same speaker for front and rear.
    Perfect timbre and performance matching along with proper placement of the effect channel speakers provides not only a seamless wrap around effect but very good precision to the surround imaging.
    However, that's not commonly practical for the majority of folks and they will select either a smaller version of the front speaker or a multi-way radiator like the QS series quadpole speakers.
    The Quadpole have a neat enveloping effect to immerse one into the sound field and they are room friendly in that they are easily mounted up on the side walls.
    If you are very picky about perfect timbre matching, the QS4Se do use a lesser tweeter than what is used in the M40TiSe. The larger QS8Se do use the same tweeter as the M40TiSe. However, I bet the majority of the population would be totally pleased using the QS4Se though. It's close enough for most with movies but on multi-channel music, if you are the picky type, I think you would love the same speaker for front and back.

3. Steve WC

Steve WC Stunt Coordinator

A Sunday bump--not much action on Saturday!!

4. Luke_G

Luke_G Auditioning

Steve, I also own the M40's with a VP150. I decided to go with the M3Ti's for my rears.

They use the same tweeter and 6.5" driver as the M40's thus creating a nice seamless wrap. The only real difference between them is the M40's lower bass extension. (at least that I have noticed)

They timbre match the M40's and give you great performance for rear speakers. They also save you a little money when compared to the other two options which is always a plus!