What's new

help with progressive scan dvd hookup (1 Viewer)

KaseyB

Auditioning
HI all...I just got a toshiba sd-43ht home theater system, I got everything hooked up and speakers and sound is fine..but having problems with video on dvd player. I hooked the component cables up to the hdtv part on the tv, video is clear but there is a lot of blue in the picture, all people's face appear blue...please help, i dont know what I did wrong...thanks, Kasey

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Double-check the connections. There should be connectors colored green, red and blue on both the TV and the player. Make sure that red goes to red, green to green, and blue to blue. It sounds like you may have one of them crossed.

M.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Dirty, corroded, or otherwise bad contacting can often be corrected by unplugging and replugging each jack twice.

You can test for a bad cable by exchanging like this: connect the red jack to the red jack using the blue cable, etc. keeping the jacks matched. In the case of component video, the best results are had when the two green jacks are connected with the best cable. In a component video cable set, either they are all the same or the green cable is better. In an A/V cable set, either they (red, white, yellow) are all the same or (most of the time) the red and white are much worse.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks