help with progressive scan dvd hookup

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by KaseyB, Oct 17, 2003.

1. KaseyB

KaseyB Auditioning

HI all...I just got a toshiba sd-43ht home theater system, I got everything hooked up and speakers and sound is fine..but having problems with video on dvd player. I hooked the component cables up to the hdtv part on the tv, video is clear but there is a lot of blue in the picture, all people's face appear blue...please help, i dont know what I did wrong...thanks, Kasey

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Double-check the connections. There should be connectors colored green, red and blue on both the TV and the player. Make sure that red goes to red, green to green, and blue to blue. It sounds like you may have one of them crossed.

M.

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Dirty, corroded, or otherwise bad contacting can often be corrected by unplugging and replugging each jack twice.

You can test for a bad cable by exchanging like this: connect the red jack to the red jack using the blue cable, etc. keeping the jacks matched. In the case of component video, the best results are had when the two green jacks are connected with the best cable. In a component video cable set, either they are all the same or the green cable is better. In an A/V cable set, either they (red, white, yellow) are all the same or (most of the time) the red and white are much worse.

Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm