What's new

help with Prince of Persia (Xbox) (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I'm currently stuck in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" (Xbox) and was wondering if any of you could provide some help. I'm currently at the part where you fight the first level boss consisting of Farrah's father and a couple of his buddies. The problems I'm facing are:

1. I'm able to enter the boss room with full health.

2. Even though there is a water pool (for health) on the other side of the room, I can't use it after being hit. The Prince slowly walks backwards towards it (instead of running like a normal person would) because there are enemies nearby and he wants to be in a defensive mode. Whenever I am able to run, I can only do so for about a second because the enemies teleport into my path towards the water and I end up walking again (after losing more health). Whenever I do end up in the water, I usually can't drink it because R1 (the button to drink) is the same button as a defensive stance. So, instead of drinking, I end up standing there in the water with my daggar in the air. When I am sometimes able to drink, about five guys start slicing me up with spears, I cannot fight back and end up dead. Therefore, the water pool might as well not exist.

2. When the fight starts, there are five enemies - two red ones, two blue ones, and her father. Even though I can kill at least three of the red and blue enemies, they always reappear - even though I have "sucked" the sand from them. Also, whenever I am sucking the sand from them, the remaining guys come over and kill me.

3. If I am able to last long enough, Farrah gets killed anyway because she just stands there and gets hacked away at by the enemies instead of actually fighting back. When she dies, so do I.

I've read a number of great reviews on this game which state that the enemies are pretty easy to defeat. So far, I'm finding this game harder than Ninja Gaiden. Some of you must have beaten this game, and I'm curious how you got past this point. I'm willing to give it a little more time, but not much. I don't have as much free time to devote to gaming nowadays and games like this are becoming a waste of time when others like "Far Cry" and "The Chronicles of Riddick" are out there screaming to be played.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
That part, if I remember was also difficult for me. I was very frustrated but I kept running around until I could eventually scoop up some water from the pool.
That level made me yell at the screen and when I finally did get past it I put the game down for a while.

I still have not completed POP but I will go back to it eventually. I found the game to be good but yet very repetitive. Most games are repetitive by nature but POP seems to be moreso.

I am enjoying 'Far Cry' and 'Riddick' a bit more than POP, since you mentioned those two.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Here's a tip. Put your sword away and start running. The prince will run if his sword is sheathed. Farah's going to get pissed and yell at you, ignore her :) If you do this, you'll often see just one of the bad guys teleport in front of you. Take him out, and make sure you get his sand. While you're doing this, others will arrive around you. Somersault out of there (especially if you're surrounded), sheath your sword and start running again. You'll again have one guy teleport in front of you. Repeat. If you have multiple people appear, change direction and keep running.

Also, use he water, but only take a couple of sips, or maybe just a single sip, you'll never have time to fully charge up. The moment you're done drinking, somersault out of there.

Also, don't go for the king until you've killed the others, you won't be able to hurt him. If Farah's in trouble, you'll have to run back to her and take out the guy who's attacking her, so keep an eye out on what's going on with her as you're running around the room.

I was stuck here for a long time, and finally decided that running and escaping was a better strategy than trying to fight everyone together :) Also, if you aren't using your block button, start getting used to that now, you'll need to know how to block to get through some of the later fights (I usually don't bother with blocking, and I usually suck at fighting games).

Hope that helps.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Thanks Saurav. I was able to beat this area earlier tonight with your advice. It did take a few tries though.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i'm pretty sure i've never been more frustrated in my entire life than i was with that part of the game; i almost put my foot through my tv and threw it out my 15th story window and jumped after it...

and i remember reading reviews of the game that said that the fights at the end of the game were hard; i thought for sure that i'd never finish the game if there was anything even close to as difficult as that first fight, but nothing else gave me any real trouble after that.

glad you beat it, man.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Another tactic that worked pretty well was moving backwards (with my sword out) and constantly hitting the A button. Doing so made the prince do backflips which made him move much faster.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The trick with the sultan is that you have to roll over him and stab him in the back.

PoP is one of those games where you have to play it *their* way; if you do, though, fights are poetry in motion.

I found, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks