What's new

Help with Portable College Dorm Theatre (1 Viewer)

AFSim

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackie
My dorm's favorite activity is watching movies together, but only one girl has a DVD player that will hook up to the old lounge TV and she won't ever share it. The other day I saw another dorm using a portable screen and projector. I would love to do this, but I have no idea how.

I've got an HP Pavilion tx2110us Entertainment Notebook and that's all. It's got the capacity to play DVDs and it's got some hookups but I don't know what they're for. I'm looking to buy a portable screen and a portable projector (preferably not over $1000) that will work with it. I just need to know what projector is best and which wires and knick-knacks I'll have to purchase to get this thing to work.

Thank You!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Your notebook should have either a VGA our DVI output. The projector should have either a VGA or DVI input. You'll need a video cable to connect them, which you might already have with your laptop or the projector.

Connect the projector to the laptop.

I think the easiest method is to set the laptop screen resolution to the same as the projector. So if it's an 800x600 projector, set your laptop display resolution to 800x600 as well.

Set the laptop to mirror its display to the projector.

Insert DVD and play fullscreen. It should play fullscreen on the projector.

Eat popcorn & enjoy.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks