1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with party ideas - New Years

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

I'm helping a friend plan his New Years Eve party. It will be at his house, and we're inviting pretty much everyone we know. Age range is probably 19-28. We've got plenty of beverages (alcoholic and non) and food, but we need ideas for games and activities. We want the party to be more than just eating/drinking/socializing.

Please share your party stories and ideas. We want a party people will be talking about for a while.

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Invite a bunch of guys who work at the local strip club and hang a lot of missle-toe. Or... maybe have everyone bring a gift for trading with someone else, a humorous gift like soemthing you'd get at Spencer's. [​IMG] But wait a min... people don't usually exachange gifts at New Year's do they..

3. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

$500 in fireworks would be nice at midnight.

4. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

There's always "Drinking Jenga" [​IMG].
    Each piece has a rule written on it. For the "virgin game" the pieces need to have rules written on them so, each time you draw a piece, you get to write a rule. We used rules like "All girls take a drink" or "If your name starts with an M, take off a piece of clothing".

5. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    lots of booze and a live band is usually a great start.

6. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I suggest a few hours of silent group meditation....

But Drinking Jenga sounds pretty good ! The New Years Eve party I went to last year had a white-elephant gift exchange, they are pretty comical. I ended up with 2 Bud Light "King of Karaoke" jackets !